Ramah Care Services
Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  If I am on a waiver and want to change providers, what should I do?
A:  The best thing to do is to talk to your Case Manager who can assist you in making informed decisions about your Freedom of Choice. If you want to change Case Management Agencies, call your local Developmental Disabilities Supports Division for assistance.

Q:  If I am on Tribal funding and have been allocated to the DD Waiver, am I obligated to stay with the agency that I had tribal funding with?
A:  No, you can choose any DD provider in your area to provide any service and you are not obligated to stay with any particular provider for any amount of time.

Q:  If I want to pay privately for services, what do I do?
A:  Call the number for Ramah Care Services, Inc. and ask for an internal application......it's that easy. Private pay is for Assisted Living Services

Q:  If I want to sign up for tribal funding, where do I go?
A:  You need to register with the nearest chapter to where you live. The Eastern Navajo Regional office is in Crownpoint, NM. The Northwestern Regional office is in Fort Defiance, AZ.

Q:  What if I am in ICF/MR or Nursing Home and I am ready to be in the community again, what should I do?
A:  You or your guardian need to sign up for the waiver that best suites your needs and then consult with Long Term Services to go to the community setting of your choice.

If your question was not listed above then please feel free t call us at (505) 863-8940 or stop by our office:
Ramah Care Services, Inc.
1257 US N. Hwy 491
Gallup, NM 87301

Our building is located in-between Mesa View Plaza Center and
  1. Fratelli's Pizza Bistro and Ice Creamery